The US Auto Recycling industry generates $25 billion in sales annually. The industry plays a crucial role in the efficient, ecological disposal of more than 10 million inoperable automobiles a year. Whether the vehicle simply has been run down or totaled in an accident, Auto Recyclers resell any reusable parts from the vehicles, extract core value for electrical and other components, then sell the remaining hulks for scrap. Once the vehicle has been processed through a shredder, the scrap materials are then used to create new products. For the more than 75 years, automotive recyclers have been providing local employment, consumer value, and environmental conservation nationwide.
Major Benefits of Auto Recycling
- Promotes the 3 R's of recycling: "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle"
- Consumers are purchasing Recycled Original Equipment (OE)
- Recycled genuine parts are the same parts that they are replacing
- Save 40 - 70% off the price of new parts
- Most parts come with a warranty (30 days to lifetime); always ask about the warranty before purchase
- Provides local employment and tax revenue
- Reduces the need for new parts thus reducing the demand on scarce natural resources
- Professional Auto Recyclers reclaim valuable resources from the vehicles like oil, ethylene glycol, precious metals found in catalytic converters, Freon, gas, tires, and mercury
- Professional Auto Recyclers use sophisticated computer and satellite communication systems to procure vehicles, inventory parts, locate parts nationwide, and provide excellent customer service
- Most Auto Recycling companies are family owned and employ 10 or fewer employees.
Support Local Business!!